Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Does my husband really love me or is he just using me for his personal needs?

We've been married for only 2 years. It's too early to have problems and we dated 4 years before this whole marriage thing. I've known him for quite a while. The second year into our marriage, he changed. Hes more lazy now and depended on me to get everything done. We both work so I'm human as well but he doesn't see that. He literally rings my phone from the other room so I can come and get him something to eat while hes lazing around on his video games. We dont go out at all anymore, even before this pandemic, we stopped going out for some time. I miss going out and seeing the world. We use to go on long drives to different places. But now the only drives we go on is to the grocery store or McDonalds. Hes gained more than 15lbs this year and I'm scared for his health. I tried to talk to him but he just ignores me and tells me that I expect too much out of him. I dont have many friends and going out alone is boring. I moved to this town to be with him and now I'm longing to return home because I'm sick of it. He secretly doesn't want me to have any friends. He wants me all to himself and he gets jealous really easily. Even on our break days, there is no us time anymore. We dont get intimate anymore because I prefer to not do it with him. I'm sick of him and I just want to return home and get a divorce. I've been patient and thought things would get better and they never did. Talking doesn't help either. Am I expecting too much from him? 

I blame him for my sadness. All I do is come home from work and look after him all day and bring him whatever he needs. Yesterday, we went grocery shopping and I told him to come and help me because we go grocery shopping once every 2 weeks but he made me go by myself and I had no help bagging my groceries. I had to do it by myself while people in line gave me rude looks. All while hes sitting in the car on his phone lazing around and making me do everything on my own.

I suggested counseling already and he said I was crazy for doubting our marriage. Hes already talking about kids too. We both agreed to wait 2 years and now he wants a kid and tells me that I should give him one. And I honestly can't if this is going to be my life forever.

This is your story I have never seen a woman happy with her husband.  Men please never ever get married its lose lose lose.

He is lazy, sounds like he has mental problems,  Wanting to have a child now is just a way to keep him in control  of you and  your life.  dump him quick!

Source(s): Personal opinion

No you're not expecting anything from him girl! He needs to improve on his self. You put a lot of effort in your marriage with him and he ain't doing sh*t!! Just complain and act like he's the bigger person. Divorce him and find a real man who's worth having a stable relationship with.

This is a great example of why a guy and a girl should live together before they ever get married, you will never know what a guy is really like until you live with him for awhile. Pack your bags and go home, you never know what a guy might do if you tell him you are leaving. When he had rather play video games than play with you, you know you got a loser. 

• garry

no he doesnt love you , just an empty out , same as you getting another man , feels good ..

You have no one but yourself to blame for your unhappiness! All marriages have problems! I think most of what you croaked is BS! First of all unless you shop at ALDI the store bags your groceries! seriously dude don't you have anything else to do other than troll around in Yahoo Answers?

• david

If what you've typed is true, he's an @$$hole, but it doesn't mean he doesn't (at least think) he loves you. Of course if his definition of love is too dissimilar to your definition, it just won't work. 

• GB

Please read your post and imagine that someone else wrote it. Or imagine that your best friend is telling you all this about their  husband or wife. Do you really think  someone who doesn't want their partner to have any friends is acting in a loving way? Do you think getting jealous very easily is an adult way to behave? 

Would you tell your friend 'things will get better if you give him a child? Or would you say 'He wans a child so you will be more tied down, but  he won't help you with the kid, and even be jealous?

• Embery

He is the man, just be quiet and make him a sandwich.

you need to ask him this question