Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why does it seem people are acting mentally ill since Covid-19?

Where I am from (east coast USA) people have gotten SO rude, insulting, starting fights over everything and anything they can. Just like the other day I was at Texas Roadhouse and 2 parties got into a fight about which booth they wanted, the one party said I come here once a month I can sit there if I want, the other person said I was here before you. The hostess had to have the mgr and other staff help, and then a fist fight broke out, cops were then called. What has happened to people?

Its just Covid psychosis from being quarantined and locked down for longer than any of us are used to.  It is mind numbing to realize how many actual days we've been stuck in one situation or another due to covid.  Everything's changed, life, work, how we function, and no one really knows for sure how to deal or cope with this crazy a$$ situation.  I've seen too many idiots fight even in the supermarket over stupid sh*t that normally never would have come up during a non pandemic.   This is just stress overwhelming people's mental capacity.  Once we are able to go back to more normal living situations, these crazy episodes will hopefully end.

This pandemic has really made a great impact to our lives. Mindfulness meditation can be really helpful at this time.

https://www.schoolofpositivetransformation.com/med...

Anxiety provokes a much greater cardiovascular response than the slightly milder worry. Worry can trigger solutions and strategies, while often, anxiety borders on uncontrollable. https://esacare.com/emotional-support-animal-need-...

Anxious thoughts in your head are hard to calm. Distracting only helps for so long; pesky thoughts sneak in any chance they can get. That’s why, instead of dismissing or avoiding anxious thoughts, do something even tougher: train them.

• Chanel

It sounds like these people just did not know how to behave and nobody owns a seat just cos they sit there once a month. That is ridiculous.

But it is not all doom and gloom. I get very good service from my bank. They are lovely to me when I go in there and only 2 days ago I got on a bus and asked the driver where to get off and he was so nice.

We are all suffering with this covid. Some people are being extreme like the demonstrations we have had 'masks are muzzles'.

If people want to start using their fists then they are ridiculous cos violence usually means you have lost the argument and cannot deal with a problem in the right way.

i agree, it has gotten a little crazy out there.

they are not you are just dumb and probably listen to fox news or trump - really

• Audrey

Being forced to stay inside, wear a stupid, useless mask out side, can't touch another human being unless you live with them. Normalcy being gone. It's gonna get a lot worse.