Is it my fault? ?

I was coming out of work and noticed the car next to me was parked slanted and i could barely get in my car, then as I backed out I accidentally scratched her car which I had a feeling was going to happen. My car was bigger than hers so it was harder to back out evidently though she was in her car and parked elsewhere and I drove away. Am I at fault here? I didn’t mean to scratch her car at all, I was just trying to go home :( 

Of course you are at fault. 

You don't know how to control your car. 

If there was enough room to open the door and get in, then there was enough room to get out of the spot.  Back straight out. 

You turned the front wheels, and you apparently do not know where the edges of your car are. 

My driver training instructor 51 years ago took me downtown and had me drive in the rear alleys of the skyscraper buildings (built in 1920s and 1930s) where there wasn't much room.  He had me turn around several times.  I did NOT hit or scrape the buildings. 

That's where I would take YOU with your smaller 21st century car!

• Neil

A collision between a moving vehicle and a parked vehicle is always the fault of the moving vehicle, no matter how badly parked the parked vehicle is.

Also, it is much safer to reverse into a parking space, and then drive forwards out of it.

It was your fault. Always back straight out of a parking place and only turn once you've cleared space to do so. If you can't back up straight, practice doing it until you become expert.

You were the one moving at the time. So yeah, your fault.  You have a steering wheel for a reason.  You could have waited 5 minutes...and maybe the other driver will come out.

• Ron

You should drive to a drivers license office and surrender your license. You obviously suck at it

• Scott

"My car was bigger than hers so it was harder to back out evidently". BS. A big car is no harder to back out than a small car. Yes, you are at fault, If you knew how to drive, this could have been 100% avoidable.

Yes it is your fault if you hit her car. 

If her car was parked next to you how could she have been "in her car and parked elsewhere"? In any even you are at fault and you are a horrible driver.

• Barry

Of course you were at fault. I am surprised to need to ask.