Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend said I don’t look good with short hair... ?

My hair is dead and I made an appointment to cut it off, and my boyfriend said it looked bad short ( even though I met him when I had short hair) and I even sent him a picture Of myself with short hair. I just want to break up with him now because I was excited and really thought I looked good with short hair. I’ve been feeling so bad about myself lately. 

So you cant handle a little constructive criticism and you don't care how he feels, huh?  Do him a solid, and leave...then you can shave your melon if that's what makes you happy.

Ditch the guy - he's a shallow loser. 

Healthy short hair is sexier than long dead hair. Look for a guy who knows that without having to be advised of such. 

It's very belittling to say the least. Why did he say it to you anyway? must be a reason!

Im sure you look pretty. He just got used to you having it long and he's probably saying that so you never cut it off again. That's not an excuse. He sounds like a douchebag. Maybe its time to move on.

• Maybe he thinks it's a bad hair cut, or he got used to seeing you with longer hair ... You would have to ask him why he thinks it looks bad.

Remind him that when you met you had short hair, and ask him what's the difference now. Also let him know how this is making you feel. 

If he can't get over you having short hair, maybe it's time to move on. 

I met my husband when I had short hair. Now he doesn't care what I do to my hair, as long as I'm happy with it, he will try to adapt to any changes. 

It's your hair, if you want to grow it out grow it out. Don't let him control how you wear your hair. 

What is your question?

If you feel good and comfortable then it's ok, no matter who says what

• Darla

Then break up with him. 

You should break up with him.  Clearly you have a shallow relationship with him given that a hair-do will cause a break up.  You need to find another fish in the pond.

• kelvin

you need a new non controlling boyfriend