Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

I found a 75 year old Nickle, did I hit the jackpot?

I was about to use it to pay for something but noticed it was old. When I checked closely it said 1945!

You're looking at a Nickle that had no Nickle in it. Other alloys were used due to Nickle being needed for the war effort. It does, however, contain silver which does make it a little more valuable. There will also be a large D, P, or S visible on the reverse side which will signify where it was made. As to its value, you're looking at a range from a ittle over $1 to several dollars, depending on the condition and mintmark. As you found it in circulation, I'd say less than $2.00.

• Rick

In the world of rare coins, 1945 doesn`t mean a thing.  Depends on the rarity of the issue and it`s condition.  It`s most likely worth about a dollar or two.  See for yourself by looking it up on Ebay and see what they are selling for.

It is probably worth between $1.00 and $10..00. A 75 year old coin is not uncommon.

There were a few 1945 error nickels, where the mint made a mistake when producing the coin. If you happen to have one of those it could be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars, but the odds that your coin is one of them are extremely low.

• Amy

It contains about a dollar's worth of silver, but a collector might pay more than that if it's in very good condition.

• Scott

No, you found a nickel. No, you did not hit the jackpot. Don't quit your day job.

do not feed the repeat troll.

It contains silver so it's worth $1.50 at least.

• James

Is it even a buffalo nickel? It would have to be in immaculate condition to be worth money and if you just found it in the coins you had laying around it won't be. Usually the only coins worth much money are the uncirculated coins that are taken care of

• Judy

it's worth 5 cents.