aj asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

How to clean my oven shelves in tub?

Best place is the laundry tub. (Is that what you meant?) The laundry tub is higher than the bath tub, so less stress on your back. I clean the shelves the same time I clean the oven - for that reason, I spray the shelves while they are still in the oven with a good oven cleaner. When the wait time is up, I put the shelves in the laundry tub, with (tolerable) hot water. And here is my 'secret'. I use a wire barbecue brush to scour the shelves. Seriously, the grime comes off like butter on a hot knife! AND the shelves come out super shiny because of the wire brush!

set the racks in the tub without any water

• Kaz

I wouldn't do that, it might affect the tub (discolor, or strip away the finish on the porcelain).   

My shelves are stainless steel and I do them outside, either on the lawn or I rest them against the curb in the street.  I just spray oven cleaner on them, scrub if necessary (with a brillo pad), then rinse with the hose. 

• Jill

Wrap the oven racks in aluminum foil.  Put in a tub of hot water with a dishwasher tablet for about 2 hours.