aj asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

How to clean my oven shelves in tub?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Best place is the laundry tub. (Is that what you meant?) The laundry tub is higher than the bath tub, so less stress on your back. I clean the shelves the same time I clean the oven - for that reason, I spray the shelves while they are still in the oven with a good oven cleaner. When the wait time is up, I put the shelves in the laundry tub, with (tolerable) hot water. And here is my 'secret'. I use a wire barbecue brush to scour the shelves. Seriously, the grime comes off like butter on a hot knife! AND the shelves come out super shiny because of the wire brush!

• 1 month ago

set the racks in the tub without any water

• Kaz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I wouldn't do that, it might affect the tub (discolor, or strip away the finish on the porcelain).   

My shelves are stainless steel and I do them outside, either on the lawn or I rest them against the curb in the street.  I just spray oven cleaner on them, scrub if necessary (with a brillo pad), then rinse with the hose. 

• Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wrap the oven racks in aluminum foil.  Put in a tub of hot water with a dishwasher tablet for about 2 hours.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.