Would you live in a camper full-time?

The local mobile home park is getting kind of empty, looks like mobile homes are getting to be a thing of the past, plus while they are called mobile homes, they are very expensive to move.  I've noticed they've rented out mobile home spaces to campers.  Most of them are huge 5th wheel units with slide outs and are very nice inside.  Kind of small for a family but a nice size for a single guy or couple.  

What I like about it, when I want to leave, just hook on with a truck and take your home with you, no permit needed.  Friends are always begging me to move to be closer to them, then after I relocate, they take off and move out of state leaving me alone in the town again.  If I regret moving in a few months, I can just leave.  

Would that be a bad idea?  Why or why not?  Does it matter if I'm considered homeless as long as I'm not sleeping in the park?  Most mobile home parks that allow you to park campers provide you with a mail box and street address.

Local ordinances may ban them  as long term prospects. 

• Judy

up to you.  But then you are not homeless.

It is a cheaper way to live as far as monthly rent goes. Some of the RVs are nicer than many apartments.  

"Does it matter if I'm considered homeless as long as I'm not sleeping in the park?"  No 

Many parks that are long term do not require you to move on any kind of regularity. That all depends on local regulations though. Long term parks will have water, sewer & power hook ups.  You typically only have to use dump stations in short term parks and even some of those have full hook ups. 

Source(s): I manage an RV park. Mine is long term only & nobody has to move. I have one old man that has lived here for 25 yrs.

No, thanks. I like where I am.