Why is my USB 3.0 PCIE card not working?

I am having trouble with one of my Inateck PCIE USB expansion cards. (Inateck support is super slow.)

I already have the 4-Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card KTU3FR-4P (which is working fine) but I recently bought the 7-Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card KTU3FR-5O2U, this is the card I'm having trouble with.

I've used the original card for a long time now without issues, using the Fresco Logic driver from the Inateck product page. It still works even after uninstalling the Fresco Logic driver.

The new card (the 7 port card) isn't recognized in Windows at all. Plugging devices into the card doesn't even give them power, however, there is a blue LED on the card. (On the 4 port card, I noticed a green LED. The 7 port card appears to have a green LED too but is not lit.)

Here is a list of things I have tried to get it to work:

-Reinstalled Fresco Logic drivers

-Uninstalled Fresco Logic drivers and used Windows Update to find drivers

-Made sure SATA power was connected properly to the PSU and the card.

-Took out the 4 port card and only ran the 7 port card.

-Tried using a different SATA power cable.

-Tried various different PCIE slots.

-Uninstalling Fresco Logic drivers, then installing the drivers when only the 7 port card was installed.

To be super clear, the issue I am having right now is with the 7 port card only, and that the card is not being recognized in Windows at all, and devices aren't recognized or powered up at all when plugged into the card.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Inateck for the support that you paid for.

• VP

Try installing the card into a different desktop. Then you'll know if it's the card or if it's your system.  (If you only have the one desktop, then visit a buddy and try installing it on his system.)

Because... it's not working?

i don't now wut it mean's

• keerok

It should work, right? The old one does so there's no reason this one shouldn't. It seems you've done everything you possibly can so I think it goes down to just one thing already. 

The card is faulty. 

If it's new (less than a week old), return it to the store you bought it from and ask for a replacement. Don't forget to bring the sales receipt, the packaging and everything that came with it.

Windows 10?

The two most likely possibilities are

1. The card is DOA

2. The card isn't compatible with your board. It's not common but sometimes certain add-in boards just don't like certain chipsets.

I'd probably wager the card is simply faulty if Windows doesn't see it at all. An incompatible card would probably power up but have an error in device manager.

• David

Probably because it's incompatible with the motherboard.