MAN UTD 5-0 LEIPZIG - Still early days but maybe being put into a tough group was a good thing?

Played well against PSG and played well again tonight.

Wasn't pretty at times as the first half went on but our defending was great when we were put under pressure and the same can be said during parts of the second half as well. We were the ones who created the best chances.

Oh and btw the VAR decisions were correct. A goal should NEVER be ruled out just because one part of your body is slightly offside and Rashford was in his own half when he made the run to score our second.

@Ryan I don't think many people expected us to get maximum points and I was one of them.

@MR ANFIELD ACES that's because Adam doesn't like Red Bull and tbh I don't blame him.

these 'good wins' will be here and there so I don't rate it much.

try matching what we do in the league over 38 games if you're good enough.

CHAMPIONS

^_^

• Adam

Well done Man United. I really enjoyed that. I respect any team that stuffs a Red Bull franchise.

The tough group does seem to be doing United well. I hope for you guys it can transfer to the league. Meanwhile in the return game V RB Franchise FC can you make it 8 or 9 please?

• F

First goal looked iffy but Rashford was definitely in his own half. If Leipzig made a schoolboy error of not playing to the whistle, that’s their own fault.

Still 5-0 was very flattering, De Gea made a great save at 1-0, could have been very different if they’d scored then.

Great performance by Manchester United. Well done to David De Gea for clean sheet. 

Great to win, but it was a home game and should be the bare minimum.

I guess we defended okay and did create the better chances, so a win was deserved, even if it looked a bit flattering, but I guess were just clinical.

Great hattrick from Rashford, I did say before that he sometimes takes too much time in front of goal, but didn't do too much of that today.

Greenwood looked offside TBH from the line, at least at first glance, but I'm pretty sure Rashford was in his own half, so surely that couldn't have been given offside.

Two wins from two though, great start, but we have to expect that both teams we've played so far, to perform better in the return fixtures, especially PSG kind of like Celta Vigo in the EL a few years ago, so we best secure a double over the team we've yet to play in the CL, because surely PSG will and if not, we have to expect them to.

So far so good and great to see played make an impact from the bench, though I do think the performance may have been better if Fernandez started, he's definitely a key player for us, but nice to see Ven De Beek finally get a chance.

Source(s): Man Utd fan.
  • Stilty

Tough group? You must be joking, PSG are the only decent team and even they're flops, Bundesliga is a one team league and Leipzig lost key players in the summer. 

• Ryan

Man Leipzig were sh*t LOL. Great win from United I didn't expect them to get maximum points from the opening 2 games they've done really well they were brilliant in the second half. Cavani didn't play long but he actually looks pretty good