Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I feel like I'm not pretty enough for my fiance?

I mean I've been called ugly all my life by family and friends. My fiance is really nice looking and I'm not. Plus his sisters and his mother are very beautiful. I feel intimidated by them and not good enough....

STOP IT!!!!!!

Congratulations.  You leveled up.  Own it gjrl.

If you are going into a marriage thinking you aren't pretty enough for him you might as well give him the ring back, you will always think that. The only way anybody could answer that if for you to post a pic and let everyone here see if they think you are pretty enough.

You sound just like my wife. We were married 52 yrs before she passed away. My ONE regret is that I was NEVER able to get her to see herself through MY eyes. All her life her parents told her she was ugly. She wasn't the most beautiful girl on campus, but was far far from the ugliest. She was smart, personable, energetic and made a fantastic lover, partner, wife and mother.

You sure don't know much about men... It is true that women care a ton about a man's height or race or looks... but men aren't like that... we don't judge women on those superficial things... Sure, some men might care about their wives' weight because they don't want them to die from high cholesterol. 

Aw don't say that. I am sure he thinks you're beautiful if he's you're ''fiancé'' 

It can be tough when you're intimidated. 

If he likes you, who cares about anybody else.

Besides beauty eventually fades away, but your loving personally and beautiful person that you are inside remains forever. He may be in love with you " as a person " and does not want one of those beautiful and expensive Italian Dolls ( I forget the brand now ) that one puts on display for every one to admire 

Did this man date you, court you and ask you to be his wife? Do you have a symbol of that? If he chose you from all the women in the universe and you returned in kind that choice and decision.. then what's the insecurity doubts and crippling? Do you not really want to be in this engagement? Fear that future will be more difficult than the past? It will be more difficult than the past. That's the one promise tomorrow absolutely holds. If you were the queen of England or a pauper without housing.. tomorrow will be challenging. So... you totally get to choose what will be your most fun and put you into your depth but not over it. You get to choose! Is your fiance smart enough to choose what he really wants? Is he mature enough to know what he really wants? Don't get engaged to someone you don't trust. Trust is the one thing that makes a foundation for a working marriage. Don't trust him, or yourself, to make the smart choice? 

You are probably much more critical of your looks than you should be, Just because you've been called ugly, that doesn't make that true. He thinks you are beautiful to him or he wouldn't want to be with you forever. Appreciate his love and devotion and never take him for granted and do all that you can to take care of yourself to be the best that you can be, and accept that, it's ok. Being a beautiful person is much more important than looking beautiful physically. You must have a beautiful heart and beautiful qualities or he wouldn't care so much for you, but he does and you are beautiful that way so much more so, than just being pretty to look at. The more you develop your personality and beautiful qualities, then the longer you will be successful at keeping his interest in you. So just do that and accept that he really loves you, and stop worrying about all of the rest of the things that are not important, especially stop comparing yourself to others, just be yourself. 

I would love to share a workbook for success in marriage with you, I find the advice very good and think you might enjoy reading it. It's all free too. Hope this helps you and that you enjoy a beautiful life together! :o)

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=hf&srcid=...

you are really really lucky..maybe heal and get more pretty now that he's yours.. its okay to feel overwhelmed. But u have him ,he will protect u/..... also make sure not to take thos minor repairs he took u for , for granted, and try to repair and do hardwork every day. U changed ur address legally And thats a really positive and a huge burden off ur chest. So just be grateful,and like i said improve day by day.hes your family now. ITs okay to get overwhelmed by the rest of the family though, but just hide with him