Paris asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

hostility problems with pet?

In the morning, my small dog is just fine with me picking her up and playing with her. No problems whatsoever. But as soon as night time arrives, she becomes this hostile growling animal. Sometimes she even bites me :( i don’t know what the issue is ??? It’s only at night too so I’m not really sure 

• "hostility problems with pet"

What about them? Those 4 words don't make a sentence, let alone ASK us something. A ❓ doesn't turn words into a question. But that first field is supposed to END with your main question.

• "In the morning, my small dog is just fine with me picking her up and playing with her. No problems whatsoever. But as soon as night time arrives, she becomes this hostile growling animal. Sometimes she even bites me :( i don’t know what the issue is ??? It’s only at night too so I’m not really sure "

STILL NO QUESTION!

And your "i don’t know what the issue is ❓❓❓" should be "I don’t know what the issue is❗️".

You've had a day in which to read and answer [Jojo]'s comments & queries - but you have NOT supplied any information yet. We NEED you to soberly and thoughtfully:-

👽 ASK us whatever your QUESTION is supposed to be.

👽 SUPPLY the information we need.

Here are MY information needs:

💥Q1: What are your pet's AGE and BREED (or breed-mix), how long have you had her, and is she fertile or neutered?

💥Q2: Is she registered with your nation's ONE internationally recognised kennel club (if you're a Yank or Reb, only the AKC counts). If so, which kennel club? If not, where DID you get her from?

💥Q3: What are your AGE and GENDER, and are you still at SCHOOL (you were 2 years ago), or do you now go to WORK, or are you HOME ALL DAY because of CoViD-19 (or some other reason - state it) ?

💥Q4: On your busiest day, HOW LONG is your pet "home alone", and WHERE is she during those hours? Where does she sleep at NIGHT when the humans are in bed?

💥Q5: How much TIME per day do you (a) PLAY with her in the fenced back yard, and (b) take her on-leash to explore scents in interesting areas?

💥Q6: Does your household include some other person (age? gender? call-name?) who goes out to work and doesn't return until about nightfall? If so, does your bìtch prefer THAT person, or you?

💥Q7: Are the "bites" puppy-nips or deep BITES - and on your ankles or hands or where? Is it while you are carrying her? And what other activity provokes them?

In case you can't SEE [Jojo]'s and my queries while typing an update, scribble my 7 Qs onto PAPER, plus any that [Jojo] asked that are different.

It looks as though you have never learned HOW to Update your questions. LEARN it now:

⚹a: Click the [Edit] under your "question", then

⚹b; click the [Add Update] that will appear, followed by

⚹c: into the clear area that appears, type the missing information plus anything HELPFUL that you've suddenly remembered.

⚹d: Then CHECK and CORRECT it before clicking [Submit].

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

• Maxi

ANY sudden change in behaviour could mean a potential health issue, so get your dog to the vets and get its health checked.......... from what you have said that after exercise/play during the day time it is likely the dog is for some reason in pain

• Jojo

Not enough information really to give any positive advice.

Are you saying she gets hostile at night if you pick her up or want her to play?

You don`t give any information about her daily routine, so she may be feeling tired and just wants to be left alone at night.

What time of `night` does she begin to get hostile?

What is the dogs age?

Meanwhile, leave her alone at night if that is how she wants to be.

Some dogs like a routine and her routine might consist of wanting to be left alone when nighttime comes. Sorry cant be more helpful without more info. 

So stop picking her up.   She's probably this way because she knows it's bed time, and doesn't want to be separated from you?  As usual, when you get a behaviour you don't want, avoid.

start some basic training with her.