Sophie asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How to get something out of my dogs mouth?

I know this will sound strange but basically my dog has managed to get hold of a small spring. He's obviously been chewing on it and gotten it stuck around one of his small front teeth and I can't get it out. It's clearly annoying him and his mouth keeps frothing up (assuming he's trying to get it off) and his whole front is soaked with saliva. I don't know what to do??

just for the people who were being rude. hes fine. i took him to the vet and he got sedated. with the pandemic we only wanted to take him to the vet if it was essential and i was very worried. No need to be rude about it.

Do not try to remove this your self . You need to get him to a vet who will be able to get it out. Depending on how difficult it is to get out and how stressed your dog is it maybe he had to sedate him. But it needs removed as not only will it be causing him discomfort and irration  but it could cause infection. 

People with common sense take their dog to a Veterinarian.

Everyone else posts on Yahoo.

Let's hope it doesn't come loose and perforate his intestines.

• TK

I hope you've taken your dog to your veterinarian by now. 

Then take the dog to see a vet

This may lead to a Vet visit if you can't get it out.

• ?

As said, if you have done your best to get this out, without success, then your poor dog needs to see your vet - before he does remove it himself and swallows it - potentially doing a load of damage internally.

• Maxi

If you have tried and can't get it then go to the vets who can sedate and remove it

Take him to the VET or EMERGEMCY VET CLINIC.

• ?

IF the dog is getting very upset and won`t allow YOU to remove this object from his teeth, then you need to take him to a vet who can, if necessary, sedate him to get it out.

You do not say the SIZE of the dog, and if he panics or becomes aggressive when you try to get the spring out of his teeth. SO advice is a bit limited. 

IT NEEDS to be got out though ASAP.