Could someone from Europe please share what ketchup they use? Or share the sugar content by volume of their ketchup?

American sold ketchup has about twice as much sugar content per volume as soda. Gross!

I like the vinegar taste of European ketchup that I've had compared to American sugar smashed tomatoes.

1g sugar/ 4.25g volume for Ketchup--Heinz and Hunts

1g sugar/ 8g volume of soda-- average of coke cola and mtn dew

In Sweden we have a brand named Felix. They have a unsweetened ketchup, where the only sugar comes from the tomatoes themselves. 5,3 grams of sugar for 100g of kethup. Not a lot and it's really good tasting too!

• kswck2

I make my own ketchup and add only 1/10th of what is in American ketchup. 

Either look out for a reduced sugar variety, or use tomato puree instead. Tomato puree is just pure concentrated tomato juice and contains no added sugar [or salt or other nasties].

"American sold ketchup has about twice as much sugar content per volume as soda. Gross!"

But you're not drinking 12, 16 or 20 ounces of ketchup, dear.    One serving of ketchup has 4 grams of sugar and one can of soda has 39 grams of sugar.

Many companies make no-sugar-added ketchup including Heinz (just like there is no-sugar-added applesauce and many, many other products).    The next time you're at the grocery store, open your eyes.