Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What would happen if I mixed in softened marshmallow into chocolate ganache?

Okay, probably not the ideal plan but I wanna make a cake with a ganache on top but I don't have whipped cream to make it thicker but I do have marshmallow but idk if it would severely affect the ganache if i added a bit in to make it thicker. 

(If anyone has any other thickening ideas, pls tell me too hajdfhkadj)

It would explode.

You can use milk for a ganache. 

4 Tablespoons butter, softened

1/2 Cup milk (whole milk would be best don't use 1% or skim)

8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped

Place chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl.

Heat butter and milk just until it starts to simmer, don't let it boil

Pour milk and butter over shopped chocolate. 

Let sit for a few minutes then stir until smooth

I have also made ganache with coconut milk, the full fat stuff and not coconut cream the sweetened stuff.

Marshmallows will make it stiffer and less shiny and less like true ganache. I don't know where whipped cream would come in. Ganache is made of whipping cream and chocolate. Once it cools, it becomes thick enough. I don't know why you'd want to thicken it further unless you want to carve it. If you want it thicker, then use less cream or more chocolate.

You might get fudge, depending on the ratio of ganache to marshmallow. 

• J

If you add marshmallow, you will completely ruin the flavor. I don’t know what you’re trying to make, but ganache is very simple. You need only heavy cream and baking chocolate. There is no substitute for the cream, if you don’t have it you’ll have to go buy some. You want plain heavy cream, not whipped cream. 

Start by chopping 8oz of semi-sweet bakers chocolate into fine little pieces. I use the grater attachment on my food processor. Heat 1 cup (8oz) heavy cream in a saucepan on LOW heat until simmering. Watch it carefully so you can turn it off before it boils and burns. When it’s almost boiling, turn off the heat. Immediately add the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. It will thicken when it cools. Whatever you’re making should be chilled for several hours to set the ganache. It will become a solid once it cools.