Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Is it Safe to Say That At This Point Most People Either Believe Everything the MSM says, or Don't Believe Anything the MSM Says?

• J P

Do you remember the people who opened the mail right when it came, or as soon as they got home from work, and opened the chain mail letter and sent you a copy? I do. As soon as these people quit asking me to send $1 to the top five people on the list, the tabloids got big. Do you remember tabloid headlines? You couldn't fact-check them without hours at the library. Elvis is alive. Alien Bible found. Head sewn back on. Bat child on the loose. So ...  A co-worker back in the early 1990s collected tabloid headlines *only* about pigs and hogs. My favorite: HOGS ATE MY UNCLE ED!  I mentioned this to a family member and found out it was literally $|-|iTh0u%e philosophy. Friends, we have fact-checking online. Don't try just one, try them all. Please.

snopes

truthorfiction

politifact

factcheck.org

• david

Fox is part of MSM -- I believe FOX 0% of the time -- they only spread Republican / Trump's propaganda === If it has any truth it is just a coincidence.  ===  Any 24/7 "news" like CNN -- I believe about 5% of the time . . . most of their shows are opinion not news.  the 1/2 hour of ABC/CBS/NBC is only about 10 minutes of news.. People must be on guard against accepting opinion BS as real news. . .  = = = No, I do not accept your statement.  I think some people listen to the 'news' and then try to sort thru the opinion BS to find the real news.

To paraphrase the great Neal Boortz:

"Do not believe anything you hear or anything you read from the MSM or on the Internet unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true -- or you have actually taken the time to verify the information with another source. That's called "doing your homework.""

Too many people do not do this.

• Jerry

I doubt you're going to be physically attacked for saying this, but that doesn't make it true. 

I watch the news, and decide if they are reporting or giving opinion. I don't let some orange fat man tell me news is fake if it doesn't make him look good. Most people are able to make it through a 60 Minutes Interview without complaining about the questions being fair and being too tough. 

• Zazi

MSM says ease up with the capitalization.

• Frank

That seems to be the case. 

No.

Even Democrats only believe the MSM about 70% of the time.  Independents about 50% and Republicans about 20%.

And after this election, the MSM has thoroughly destroyed whatever credibility they had left.

By now at least, people who can think for themselves can see that most things they post about Trump is fake. The rest are either sheep or liars.

No.

But I think it's safe to say that most people know all MSM has a political bias.

There are no news outlets that just report facts.   They ALL pretty much non-stop editorialize.