Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Can I be an atheist, and not believe in evolution.?

I am sceptical about the theory of evolution because of scientific reasons only.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

OK...well, you have the right to your own opinion, but the facts are definitely not in your favor, and the judgement of 90% or better of the biologists and other experts in the field is that evolution is simply fact.  It forms the basis, after all, of all modern biological sciences.  

• Paul
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Any human being can choose to be ignorant of anything. You obviously know very little about evolution, or you couldn't make such a ridiculous statement.  But, hey, there are a small group of Protestants who claim to believe that the Earth is flat, so it's your right to believe anything you want to believe, no matter how ridiculous.

• 3 weeks ago

Atheism has no position on, and nothing to do with, evolution. So, yes.

I doubt your rejection of the science is for "scientific reasons only".

• God
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Evolution is a fact. It doesn't matter if you disagree. Facts don't change based on your feelings. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Assalamaulaikum. May Allah (s.w.t) grant us knowledge and wisdom. The great scientist Albert Einstein never believed in evolution. He studied the Qur'an and Sunnah, and concluded that the Islamic creationism was far more accurate. Although he was not a Muslim, he believed that Islam had more scientific evidence than the fairytale of evolution.

• 4 weeks ago

One does not "believe" in evolution.  One either accepts the fact of evolution or derives some other scientifically based theory ( in the scientific definition of the word theory)  that is supported by the evidence.. 

• 4 weeks ago

a·the·ist

noun 

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Evolution is an observed fact of nature.  Stop pretending like you know science well enough that science gives you a reason to doubt the facts of evolution,  You're giving away your stupidity./// OLEG, you goddam IDIOT.  Go look up what the term SCIENTIFIC THEORY means.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yeah i personally dont believe in evolution but it makes way more sense than the creation myth

• 4 weeks ago

Most atheists don't believe in evolution. The "theory of evolution" is an oxymoron because evolution has no scientific credibility to be considered a "theory". Charles Darwin was a flat earth conspiracy theorist. If you read his book The Voyage of the Beagle (published in 1839), he clearly noted the earth was flat with four corners. Funny how atheists are comfortable teaching Darwin's 'theory' of evolution, but they fail to teach his flat earth theory. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.