Nathan H asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

What is the Stock Market? What are they buying and selling?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

Good ICO rating and reviews https://neironix.io/

• 1 month ago

@ C - my dividend checks would tell me otherwise... 

@ OP - they are trading equity (ownership) share of companies in a regulated market.   

• Steve
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I refer you to investopedia.com. Get your answers there.

• 1 month ago

Stock markets are where individual and institutional investors come together to buy and sell shares in a public venue. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

With the US Election coming up, this is the Wrong time to ask such questions. 

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

it is a ponzi scheme. selling nothing. just hedging bets over who will swindle the other

• 1 month ago

They are buying and selling stock, which is a form of partial ownership of a business.  For example, if a company has one million shares of stock, and you buy 10,000 shares, then you have bought 1% of the company.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

hopes & dreams..............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A share of stock is a share of ownership in a company.

The stock market is where ownership shares of companies are bought and sold.

It's a good question because I'll bet that 75% of people who own stock (such as through their 401k) couldn't answer the question.  

I very rarely meet someone who knows what the difference between a stock and a bond is or who could define either.  (Not that I am a social moron who quizzes people on the subject...lol). 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.