Luke asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Am I Growing Correctly?

Hello everyone. 

I'm 14 and 9 months old. Recently, I began to wonder if I'm developing correctly. Over the past few months, I have gotten taller than my mom by several inches. That would make me around 5'11. I wear a size 13 in mens. My doctor saw me recently who is 5'9. He commented that I was much taller than he was with my eyes at his eyebrows. He said I wouldn't stop growing until 19. My height should be around 6'3-6'4. Does this seem right?

Update:

All of my family is taller than 6'2. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Another troll making up stuff.

No doctor will tell you what age you will stop. They can only guesstimate your final height. Some guys reach their final height by age 16, some 18.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All your doctor can predict by is averages. At least some of your adult height is based on genetics, the heights of your parents and at what age they reached them.

My side of the family reaches our adult heights around age eleven. So our son was freakishly tall at 6'3" at that age, but grew about another half inch since then, no more. (He's an adult now.) Our daughter also reached her adult height about that age.

So maybe you'll be taller, but you may not always grow as fast as you have recently. And maybe you'll stop right where you are, which is a perfectly acceptable height for a guy.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

why not worry and stress over that after your done fully growing

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.