Girlfriend says I need to fix what I did wrong I don’t know how to fix it. How do I do that?

So I’m going to start with I attempted to cheat on my girlfriend. I did not cheat on her I attempted to cheat but I didn’t go through with it, she found out and is pissed at me. I don’t know what to do here I’ve never been in this situation where I have to fix it in order to get things back to normal. She refuses to tell me what do to fix what I did wrong she tells me that since I was married for 3 years I should know what to do. The thing is I don’t and she will not tell me. I need some help I’ve tried apologizing that didn’t work I tried doing extra things like extra cleaning, chores, making dinner, and the like. I’m out of ideas at this point and this has been going on for over a week now I’m sick of her ignoring me and I want things to go back to normal. What can I do? I’m out of options I need help. I’ve told her I’ve never been in a situation like that. She doesn’t care she wants me to fix it that’s all she says help somebody I’m about to go nuts here!! She is present but distant I’m so desperate here I don’t know where else to turn someone please help.

You say you have been trying to fix this for over a week,  It may take a little longer than a week or two to fix things.  Why don't you keep trying for little while longer, then just go back to being yourself.  Just tell her you've done everything you can do to make it up to her,  and now it is up to her if you two stay together.  If you care for her don't cheat.

• Ana

You need to go to relationship counseling together. Period.

If your toilet is leaking, do you try to fix it yourself, or do you hire a plumber? If you need lung surgery, do you attempt it yourself, or do you hire a doctor? 

You spend money on the things you value. If you value her, schedule relationship counseling together and take her to it. Let her know it’s non-negotiable. Tell her “I love you, that’s why I’ve paid for this counseling session.” If she tries to say no, you say “We go together, today, now, or our relationship is over. We both need professional guidance on this matter. I won’t accept anything less. I’m willing to change but we need a professional’s guidance.” 

Are you thinking of females while you write your post for this is the dumbest thing any man can do and think you can put a bandage over this wound? She wants you to get medical help for you may have an addiction to sex otherwise you need to let this girl go for the next time she looks at you she's thinking who is he thinking of today. This is not fair for your girlfriend. I attempted to cheat give me a break really you are using that to get out of the hole you dug so deep and this could explain why the marriage of 3 years was 3 years. You have  a serious problem that Yahoo Answers community cannot and should not help you because you attempted. Once again, give me a break and I know forgive but with your record okay your brain waves no way can anyone should forgive you but they have to in order to have a clear conscious. Wow, I am lecturing because you deserve it. No woman should be with a man who attempted that may not been as worse as actual doing it but with this lecture you can do all that you think to resolve this sexual concern you may have but I am not your girlfriend nor your mother but I am someone who thinks you need to let her heal her way and get out of the way while she does for this is a betrayal. Now, you have her looking out the window making sure no girl is waiting in a car down the street or walking by your place if both of you live together. You know she's checking your emails and phone every time you go to sleep or take a shower. But, here's the good news for now she isn't going to break up because she wants you to fix it. If you haven't figure out how to fix it after this lecture than you have more issues than we think.

Maybe you should move out and have some time apart so you can both re-evaluate your relationship. If you start banging other chicks while you're apart obviously she is going to know you need to stay gone.

Your girlfriend needs to fix things in her head. If she cannot express herself as an adult assertively then move on with your life. 

• T J

Be smart, you wanted to cheat, so the GF means nothing to you. Why bother with a GF at all? Stick with hook ups, stay single, less headaches. You will always be wanting another, so why go through all of the crap?

You're in the doghouse. Been there, no fun. She needs to hear from your heart, and no grocery store flowers.

The first thing I would've done is bring her flowers and profess your undying, eternal, exclusive love and beg her forgiveness.