Why does my minifridge smell like pickled onion?

I purchased a second-hand minifridge a couple days back, and when I got home it smelled on the inside like Pickled onion Monster Munch.

I cleaned it with a strong surface spray that seemed to help for a bit, but it's came back, and the smell is attatching to things in it, like juice boxes.

Should I be concerned? Is this a chemical thing? If not, how best can I remove the smell?

Still runs very cold. Smell is definitely coming from the inside.

Keep cut open apple,or cut Lemon or Charcoal power or Granules  in a open container  it may remove odor.Best of Luck. 

Try Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. Moisten it slightly and rub it all over the surface. Also leave the box inside of the refrigerator will help. Over time the smell will go away. You might want to leave the door open for a couple of days.

Try cleaning the fridge it again and leave a couple of newspaper/scrap papers(clean) as the paper can absorb some odors

sdffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Somebody had pickled onions in the fridge a long time.

Ready for a dose of arm&hammer.

Maybe a dead body was stored in it, or some spoiled food. It is not a chemical "thing".

• Olive

Does it get very cold? Cause could be a freon leak if it dosent.  Try putting box of opened baking soda in the fridge, cause it can remove odors, you should notice a difference in few days