What are the reliable external hard drive brands in 2020?

About External Hard Drive Brands

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Any/all are reliable. Just don't fall for the dubious ones. I once came across a 1 KB drive.

• opurt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's not a huge difference, really. 

There's only about three companies that manufacture the hard drives themselves (Seagate, Toshiba and Western Digital). They're all about equally reliable though sometimes one manufacturer or the other will have a bad model though you only really find out about that over time as the drives fail.

All the other external drives makers are putting their own case around one of those few available drives.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To answer your question, all hard drives fail some sooner some later, but they all fail eventually. To solve this you need to have storage which includes some form of Redundancy, such as raid storage or cloud storage.

• 2 months ago

I have and been using a Verbatim external hard drive for many years without a problem. But there are so many brands out there to choose from. I suggest you Google for external hard drives, then read the reviews on any that you are interested in, most of them should be pretty reliable.

Price

Size capacity you need

Cost

Good review

Reputable brand

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.