?
? asked in Consumer ElectronicsHome Theatre · 2 months ago

Question about buying 4K tv?

I'm seriously thinking of buying a smart, Samsung 55in TV and was just wondering (because I'm a bit of novice with these things) what would be better for sound - a good quality sound bar, or a speaker system with woofer etc. I'm not looking for anything particularly specialised, like I say I'm a bit of a novice, but like I would just like something that could really simulate a home theatre experience, so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Barry; The TV im thinking of does not have a sound bar.

2 days ago

I saw no question. 

• ?

Buy a 5.1 system,not a sound bar. You'd have to buy a woofer even for the sound bar.

If you want a good home theater experience, then you need some good quality home theater equipment.

Your best pick would be a proper home theater audio/video receiver and a proper set of home audio speakers.

Best would be a receiver with lots of speakers.

Next would be an inexpensive HTiB or home theater in a box.

Soundbars are LOADS better than speakers that come with TVs

Last is to just use the TV speakers.  My mother does that but she is tin eared.

• ?

I saw no question

• Barry

Why don't you see what it's own speakers are like? Then decide if you need different sound. A speaker system has to be better than a sound bar.