How do I get money owed to me by a dissolved company (UK)?

The scenario here is I bought an offer through my work for a beauty treatment course of around £50 from a company called Pierre Aesthetics.

When my girlfriend went for her first treatment they did a hard sell which she fell for and paid circa £200 for further treatment. At that point they stopped answering calls, cancelled all appointments and even when we went into the store they palmed us off.

That was the Birmingham store and they closed then and kept only their Manchester head office store open. That then also closed, along with the website and the company, P.A. AESTHETICS LTD, dissolving 12 months ago.

Is there any way I can make a claim against this dissolved company?

Having done some digging I can see one of the two directors for that company is now also a director of another company, HUNT THE WOLF LTD, which appears to be a hairdressers in Altrincham. However Google Maps suggests this place doesn't exist.

Can I alternatively make claims against the new company and/or the old directors?

• ?

if you payred by te net or sent a check more than a week ago , bad luck , chances are the cashed the check or the banks cant trace them and ask for your money back . as i said , bad luck , its gone ..

• ?

If the laws in the UK are anything like the USA, you are an unsecured creditor and are at the very bottom of the list of people to get paid if the company has to liquidate.

You might want to talk to the people from whom you bought the original offer.  You say that it was through your work and they might therefore be prepared to reimburse you as they obviously sold you a scam.  The directors of a limited liability company are protected against personal liability so even if they had money you would not be able to collect from them now. 

• Tavy

You could try through the UK Small Claims Court, but you will need to find the person and the address.

• Judy

Depends on a lot of things, but probably not any way.