auto body?

hi auto body guys.  I do auto body painting. 

does any one know what  are the collectible   motorcycle gas tanks to restore and resell?  and does any one think the custom painted mini fridges  skate  boards motorcycle helmets  and hard plastic  motorcycle  saddle bags  sell?

• Tyler

sdfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• adam

be careful what you restore. I would never want a restored prewar knucklehead tank. I would prefer that sweaty dirty patina . Many people are like me as well. My point is if its still got original paint then just clean it up. Dont repaint it. 

Why?  I can get a sticker with a better picture on it than you can paint.  There was a time before vinyl stickers that custom paint jobs was the cat's meow.  But now you can get a complete car wrap in a design that you would be hard pressed to compete against.  They are on everything.  The vinyl holds up better than the paint job.

• Ian K

If you are "restoring" a tank, you have to be very careful as restorers want them exact to factory specs.  My buddy probably spent $3,500+ on his last tank.  That included straightening without filler, chrome, then prepping 75% of the chromed tank for paint (only way to do it is to chrome the whole thing), then primer, paint, pinstriping, water transfer factory decals, clear, buff, then emblems.  If any one of these steps isn't perfect, the tank is worthless.

Try looking up paint for a gold early 1970's Honda.  See if you can find a single color match that is correct...  

Now, look up early Harley tanks...  

https://www.ebay.com/i/253682119457?chn=ps&norover...

How much work would it take to make this thing show quality?  Know buyers?  

Not saying it is impossible, but have to be very good and know the market.