Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

My manager asked me to see my bruise on my leg for evidence in an accident report? ?

My male manager asked to see my bruise on my leg for evidence. I told him that i didn’t think it was professional he looked askance by me telling no as he promised not to look at my underwear, did I do the right thing? 

While I am a doctor ... if I was playing the role of that manager, it would just be to catch a glimpse of your leg in a flirtatious method.  It was definitely your choice to do the right thing.

the story doesn't identify anonymous as male or female  here is the PROCESS  the  EMPLOYER  must give  the employee the appropriate PAPERWORK and prudence  , and then FILE  with the insurer  comply with state  law  for reporting the INJURY 

one should have been SEEN by a physicians and PHOTO documentation by the physician

• Andy C

Sure.  You are within your rights to ask for a female to look at it.

if your male manager does not trust your word

then you need to change jobs

Yeah you did. If he needed proof that bad he should have at least had another person in the room as a 3rd party, or better than that, have a nurse look for him,or photograph the bruise in such a way that only the bruise and the immediate area of your leg is visible and show him that.

You could have asked a female employer to look at it or gone to a hospital. Or you can go into the bathroom and take a picture of your bruise.