Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 months ago

What should I sell at a flea market to make sales?

Stuff people want.  Nobody has any idea what that is in your area or what you are able to get your hands on for cheap to turn a profit.  Sales are useless if you're losing money on each one.

Whatever you can buy cheap, able to resell at profit AND there's a demand for.

Don't be TOO unique but don't have the same product as multiple other sellers. 

Like at the one I go to, it seems every fruit / vegetable stand has the same stuff.

Back in the 1970s, I sold $700-1,000 each weekend at flea markets. I would recommend spending a day at one and observing which booths have crowds and which ones don't. I've sold a variety of items from collectibles to replicas, antiques, t-shirts, leather goods, western hats and quite a few other items. From there, I specialized in leather goods, western hats, some t-shirts and other western items, selling at fairs throughout my section of the country with sales well into the thousands each week. I was one of the busiest booths at most locations and have since retired.

Impulse buying items. People are always looking for things they can not buy in the stores.  Unless you are like my sister who has stall for her honey (she has a Bee farm) so people go to her table and she has her regulars.  That is her only source of income. I also know a lady that joined a knitting club and sells her club members knitting at a stall and then pays them something (very small) when she sells. Not sure how much she makes, she is retired and uses this as additional income.

also, something to consider.  Some markets (in Australia) you need to show that you have Public Liability Insurance before you can rent space.

good luck

kathleen

Take a meander over to a flea market and see what your potential competition is selling AND, better yet...what are people buying?

Flea markets are full of collectibles. 

The happiest people I know are doing what they love. What are YOU passionate about? What objects excite you....comic books, depression glass, fabric, sports cards, jewelry, crafts, linens, vintage clothing, Pyrex kitchen items. Chairs, small tables.   Etc....?

If you sell items you like and are knowledgeable about, then people will look for your table. So, if you are going to bother collecting and lugging your wares in and out of flea markets, make it enjoyable by selling things that interest you.

Antiques, electronics and home appliance are among the best items to sell at flea markets and garage sales. Antique dealers and other enthusiasts are aware of that and are among the first to show up in the morning to look for the most interesting items.

• ?

If you craft make some little 'tote' bags, they may sell, if customers shopping in the 'market' have nothing to carry their shopping / goods in.  They could double as little gift bags too, maybe make some 'small' ones with drawstrings to pop in little items like earrings, brooches etc. 

Also, due to the popularity of tea rooms & cafes trending currently, if you can get a 'job lot' of crockery [ cups, saucers, side plates] some matching, some not, [its popular to have mismatched sets], they could be good sellers?     

• ?

fleas, and then flea powder and spray. . {Sorry, could not resist.}

• Could buy cheap cellphone plugs from China In lots then flip the plugs double to triple the price. Cheap jewelry and other stuff as well. 

Sell fleas.