If you are for Trump, why are you for him?

Don't answer defensively. This is not an attack on anyone, I am genuinely curious if anyone can explain their reasoning, and why they overlook his horrible behavior. Just looking at both sides :)

Trump has made an amazing improvement in the economy until the pandemic.  Even then, in the summer the economy was coming back.  He got thousands of ventilators made quickly.  He organized Operation WARP Drive in such a way that vaccines that would ordinarily take years to make can be ready this month, without sacrificing the testing phase.  He is the first President in decades not to get us into a new war.  He has been nominated 4 times for the Nobel Peace Prize for arranging 3 peaces in the Middle East and one between the US and DPRK.

If I think a while I will come up with more.  This is just off the top of my head.

Of course, for my personal safety, I have to say "I support Biden."  

I am not exactly pro Trump but he is better than biden. I voted for neither in the election. Jo Jorgensen 2020

Didn't vote for Trump for the 2016. He's a POS, but I trusted him to be for the country more than Hillary. I voted for Gary Johnson. I voted for him in 2020.

I like his politics. In his 1st 4 years no one supported the police more. Right, or wrong, I believe he did what was best for the country. Fast forward 4 years and all the BS that the "Impeach the M-F'er" crowd put him through? Nah, I'll pick what's best for America. That's not always what's best for each individual.

Who ran against him? The let's buy the vote. The party of free tuition, free medical, loan forgiveness, villages raising kids, f**k the police, Demonstrations I'm ok with, but riots and looting lost me.

Did I mention BLM? I live in N.O. How many protests have we had for the deaths of young black men? Maybe 1 in 200 COULD qualify. The organization says the the 199 don't matter, not in print, but by action. Who supports this organization? Celebrities, politics, media and sports figures do. And what's the one thing they all have in common? The need to be popular for followers and product sales. SADLY that TRUMPS the need to be right. 

Imagine the outrage if these protests were held for every wrongful death. Imagine if they condemned gang violence regardless of race. Imagine if they shut down the land of handouts and went back to the land of opportunity.

Which Republican said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? That's right, it was JFK a democrat.

Finally, I don't need your BA or thumb up. As I've said before, I'd rather be right than popular.

EDIT, I'm a moderate and did look to vote for anyone else but Trump.

People who are for Trump claim that he "tells it like it is" which means he dares to be "politically incorrect" or say things that other people dare not say, such as things that are considered racist or sexist. Other people who support him supported "successful" businessmen including Mitt Romney, even if such "success" are the result of theft. Romney for example took over businesses and ran them to the ground by enriching himself. 

They think that Trump is a successful businessman and that such people can better handle the economy, even though Trump is not actually successful but just plain criminal by defrauding banks and the government by cheating on tax returns and on bank loans. There are also people who are religious, and susceptible to being parts of cults. Scientologists, Moonies, Branch Davidians and Jonestown residents are examples of people who join cults because they are vulnerable. People who join cults will continue to support their leader even if their leader has been accused of abusing women and even girls sexually as Jim Jones, David Koresh, Trump and others have been accused of doing. In fact, the Nxivm cult leader is currently serving a 120 year prison term for sex trafficking and abusing women followers sexually, and yet there are still followers who defend him, the same way Trump followers defend Trump, by ignoring or condoning the wrongdoings of their leaders. 

• Ray

I have some family members who like him. One sister likes him because he is anti abortion. 

The other sister i think likes him because her husband is a libertarian, so she went along, supposedly likes his economic policies, but she isn't very convincing she is also no fanatic. 

I too like Trumps economic policies he saved me a lot in taxes and i know i got some raises in part thanks to him, but i don't support him, and i didn't before i voted Hilary, i always felt he wasn't presidential, still do. 

There are many more Republicans out there which are less divisive, some ran against Trump, but he won. I think some people believe that because he is wealthy he is better at economics than some of the self made wealthy Republicans he ran against [i doubt this though]. 

I hate to say it but i also think the vitriol he spews got him many votes. 

o I have friends and relatives who are so strongly anti-abortion that they will overlook everything else.

o If you'd asked this question in the "investing" category, someone would have said "stock market went up, my net worth doubled"

This is Zoology, genius.