Is my lemon tree dying?

I bought a lemon tree sapling this past spring from Home Depot. It grew and thrived quite well over the spring and summer and I brought it inside towards the end of September once it started getting colder. It has been in my room in front of the window getting plenty of sunlight but over the past several weeks it has lost all of it's leaves and now the very top of the stalk is turning brown. Is it dead? Is this normal? Can it be fixed? I've never took care of a tree before so I'm a little out of my depth 

Yes, I think so. They can't stand draughts and sudden temperature changes from radiators, and hate over-watering.  It likes at least 8 hours south facing window light too. (Northern Hemisphere).  Also you need a dwarf variety to stand any chance if you don't have a big conservatory. See the commercial link below if you are keen on keeping a lemon tree indoors:

Cold damage and improper watering, namely watering too much, are common environmental conditions that may lead to leaf drop on lemon plants. ... Over watering – If your lemon tree is dropping leaves, another common reason may be over watering.

• snafu

I would put it back outside, near the house for protection and warmth and wrap a fleece around it - obtained from your local garden centre.

• ?

i don't think they will thrive indoors

The tree requires much more sunlight than you can provide indoors.   If trees would grow indoors, people would have them indoors.

• ?

Lemon trees can't survive inside a house.  I suggest you transplant it into a bigger pot and move it outside.  If you get frost at all, the tree is history.