?
? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What is your go to easy meal?

I'll cook some chicken breast, toss it in a tortilla with some lettuce and maybe some tomato. Quick and easy.

Yeah John, the stench of human flesh is so inspiring and appetizing. Take your bu||$h|t elsewhere. Stupid punks these days...

Tortillas with some kind of cheese for a snack is really good. I have to have a jalapeno or two with a 4 pack. 

It depends on the time of year.  Here's a common one when I just fancy something quick and easy:

Bring water to boil in large saucepan.  Meanwhile toast some pine nuts in a dry pan.  Set aside.  Trim broccoli into very small florets.  Is the water boiling yet? Yes?  Salt lightly and throw in some tortellini.  When 3 minutes from done add the broccoli.  The broccoli should be bright green and al dente.  Drain well, return to pan for ease of tossing.  Add fruity olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste along with the pine nuts.  Toss gently and plate up.  If all your ingredients are good it doesn't need more except for maybe a grinding of coarse black pepper.  Of course you can add all kinds of bits and pieces but you asked what I do when quick and easy is the main thing.

My easy meal water.

A perfect three egg omelette with a little Toscano cheese and a country style whole grain toast with Kerrygold butter.

I specifically get the brown eggs at Trader Joes (or at a local egg ranch that you won't have access to) and my bread is Trader Joes Paine Pauline.  Three eggs lightly beaten, cooked in Kerrygold salted butter, cheese microplained over cooking eggs, toast with the Kerrygold on the side.

The Toscano's can be any of the Toscanos from Trader Joes, my favorite being the cinnamon dusted, which is a seasonal holidays only item and in my area is currently sold out, smart me stocked up on several wedges when I saw it.  The soaked in Chardonnay that just came out this year is awesome.  The soaked in Syrah is ok, I like it when I'm having it with red wine and the one they have all year round, the only one that isn't a seasonal item, with the pepper on the rind is a staple in my fridge.

My other "go too" although it's been a while, is avocado toast.  I toast my TJs Paine Pauline, rub it with Kerrygold salted, smear on the very ripe avocado, a bit of high quality salt and fresh ground pepper and maybe a dusting of, you guessed it, Toscano cheese, although sometimes I'll use the American Parmesean from Trader Joes.

Or, speaking of that parmesean, the American one, it can be sliced paper thin and enjoyed with whole grain crackers, fruit and a handful of nuts for an amazing and simple meal.

• Sarah

Oatmeal with a bit of chicken bouillon Some sort of veggie Roasted garbanzo beans

• denise

Usually an omelette or some scrambled egg with some chopped scallions added with some fresh sliced tomato.

It will always be some kind of soup and sandwich combo.

• ?

Kim Jung Un burrito: tortilla, roll with refried beans, cheese, picante sauce and kimchee. Nuke for 28 seconds.

Tijuana burrito: Omit Kimchee.

• ?

I make an omelette

• Cathy

Scrambled eggs with grated cheddar and toast.

• kswck2

Being a professionally trained chef, Easy is kind of a vague question. 

If I want to create, then I might spend 12 hours making a BBQ meal from scratch. If not, I might just make a 6 cheese mac-cheese dish with onion, peppers and sausage. 

Both are easy to Me, just the time involved.