Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

I’m 16 and I’ve decided to do double eyelid surgery. How can I convince my parents to do it with me and support me along the way?

A lot of people in Korea undergo double eyelid surgery and so it’s common for people with monolids do it. It’s not that I don’t like my eyes but I just like the double eyelid look better since I’ll look more awake and not have a constant judgmental face. This is something that I’m choosing to do and I don’t really care what others say about it. Unless you have monolids like me, you can’t judge me for doing something like this. My parents are caucasians and so they aren’t familiar with these kinds of things. I’ve made up my mind on doing it when I turn 18 and I’m going to pay for all the costs. It’s just that I really want my parents to be there with me before then and do it instead of being by myself when I get it done. My parent’s are usually quick to say “no” to things and don’t let me explain myself, so I need help to let them give me time to speak and what all I should say.

You might want to check and find out what the cost is first and also make sure you find a reputable plastic surgeon. Also have them show you a portfolio of some of their past work first.

• ?

you pay for it..........

• V.G

Repeat troll, keeps asking the same question.

Double eyelid tape doesn’t work on my eyes because they are too thick

Just use eyelid tape. It’s also popular in Asia.

If you ask them, and they said no, you need to respect that. I would wait until you are 18 and/or move out to be on your own, save your money and pay for it yourself. Your parents insurance will not cover this procedure, due to the fact it is COSMETIC, and not a life threatening  surgery. Or they just cannot afford it. Be respectful. You have waited this long, what's a couple more years. If you get to have the surgery, I suggest you do all the research you can on eyelid surgery. There can be side effects, like drooping, blurred vision, a muscle in your eye can become paralyzed, where you wont be able to blink. I was going to have some surgery done on my eyes because they became hooded. I decided NOT to have the surgery. The side effects outweigh the success.