Why do we pay rent to live in house/apartment?

That’s one thing I hate paying rent.

• F

I know it’s a disgrace. You would think people would build houses and let you live in them free. Grow up!

• ?

You pay rent because you do NOT own the house or apartment building.

It's ALL a real estate game - whoever owns it, wins. 

Go to a theater or a concert, you're renting a seat. Go to a restaurant, the upcharge on the food pays for your seat. That's why so many businesses are suffering during the pandemic - it's not safe to get Butts in Seats. 

"We" don't pay rent. Apparently you do. if it is an issue, move to the Amazon and be a hunter- gatherer

The one thing I hate paying for, are the portion of my taxes that go toward paying other peoples rent because they are too lazy to pay their bills.

Some people are homeless and avoid paying rent, electricity, water bills, and much more. You have that oprion.

Well what are the alternatives?  You know, someone owns that dwelling and they don't own it so they have an extra place to crash.  They own it to put their money to work.  If you hate to pay rent then you have to save money for a down payment on a property.  I started when I was in my early 20's. 

Because unless you own the property, you are borrowing it; and given property is expensive to buy and maintain, it seems reasonable to pay for this. 

"That’s one thing I hate paying rent."

If you hate paying rent, don't pay rent.   Buy your own home or be homeless.

Lots of people hate it. But if you want a place to live, you either rent, or you buy. There's no other option. Either you own the property or someone else does.