Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 2 months ago

do people realize these paintings are a piece of crap or am i missing out on some knowledge?

about the painting?  For instance, the art gallery got a huge amount of Monet's.  Monet's are my favourite/favorite because they are so beautiful and it feels like the image is somewhat moving and dynamic.  But the stupid art gallery got all the sh*t paintings because they were all shades of the same colour/color.  In hindsight/retrospect it made sense because who would loan a good Monet.

But why are these paintings even shown.  If I make the best custards in the world, they're not worth anything when I'm drunk and making them.  It's only worth noting if it's of value.  Not because I'm famous and I make it / made it.

I expect they are of some importance as they show the development of his work, or deterioration of his eyesight. Or both.

I can't tell you whether they're crap or not unless you specify which Monet paintings you're talking about.