Should I get a job during Covid 19?

I'm 18 years old and ever since I graduated from high school I always wondered if I should get a job. But then covid 19 happened and now I'm in college full time online pursuing my degree. But one thing I've been thinking of is should I get a job during covid 19? Keep in mind I live with my parents and siblings. I kept thinking that I should get some working experience so I can earn some money for myself or just know how to work in a position. In my state more cases are rising each day and our governor here is very strict about our guidelines. I also did have some work experience at first with my sisters boyfriend who let me work at his workplace for one day and thats it. I just feel like kids my age must get a job and be independent because I keep seeing people my age working at fast foods or stores and I feel like I need to be working too. But should I not?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

When you graduate employers won't care if you had a job at your age. You working in fast food or whatever makes no difference. 

• 2 months ago

If u want or have too I prefer to work at home.just wear mask and social distance 

• H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I worked with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. In less than two weeks, I ended up sick. Luckily, I tested negative. No one else seem to have gotten sick working with her. What's the secret? Our masks! 

• Work places by now should have covid 19 policies set in place, to keep you and their customers safe. Such as practicing physical distancing, washing your hands often (which you should be doing anyways if you're working with food) and wearing masks. I've been working right through covid and have felt pretty safe at my work place, I live with my husband but not with my family. 

If you do get exposed to covid or contract it, you should be self isolating until you get a negative test. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.