Plantar Fasciitis ruining my life. Help please.?

I injured my left heel pretty bad in april ( weeks after lockdown ). The pain was so traumatic, my heel inflamed the size of a tennis ball ( this was not the usual plantar fasciitis, it was severe and more than the usual). It took a month for the swelling to go down and then i started my stretching ( all of the usual for heel, calves, Achilles tendon etc ), massaging, tennis ball, (can rolling was the most effective and helped reduce the pain for 30 mins before it came back), frozen bottles. I've tried ice bath on the foot for a while. I did this the WHOLE of summer until november, the pain is still in my heel. Sometimes i step wrong ( i've bin tip toeing for so long i got used to it) when i accidently hit the heel to the ground even with lack of force, the pain just makes me want to pass out or feel depressed. I've had cortisone injections which didn't work, the mri scans show as nothing to be found ( no bone or heel spurs so they say). I'm really depressed and don't know what to do now, and now my right foot has started hurting around the heel also, and i got a couple shock sharp pains under it similar to the left but not as traumatic. I'm not over weight and used to be on the feet all the time, it doesn't seem to be healing nor any technique seems to be working. I've not want to get out of bed every afternoon ( yes i stay in bed as that's how bad i don't want to get up to bath or shower and eat from the pain). If there is any cure from anyone that has an answer to save me.

Seems like you have been worked up for Plantar Fasciitis/Heel Spur Syndrome.  While this diagnosis is common, perhaps it is time to thnk outside the box.  Neurological work up is indicated at this point.  We need to check on the nerve that runs between the layers of soft tissue within the heel.  There is a chance that nerve may be impinged causing your symptoms which would not get better with traditional Plantar Fasciitis treatments.  If that is the case, Neurotin 300mg tablet every night before bed may relieve your symptoms.  That means we may be on the right track.

vionic shoes might help.

If you haven't been to a podiatrist you should. They are best qualified to deal with your problem. My wife had a similar problem and he gave her a series of exercises to do as well as a custom insert for her shoe. She has not had a problem since

Have you tried gel insoles. You might need to see a podiatrist or a shoe expert to get the right insoles for your shoes. 

• nalla

I feel sorry for you I has this painful diagnosis about three months ago, my doctor gave me a series of exercises to do standing at the sink, they were standing on one leg and with the other foot flat on the floor do a series of heel toe movement rocking from toe to heal for 10 then changing legs to give one a rest then repeat, I did this many times a day without thinking and over a period of two weeks pain gone, hope this helps

I am so very sorry I suffer from this condition myself. I was in school at the time two or three years ago and I stood up and out of nowhere I felt this intense pain unlike anything I've ever felt my foot felt like it was on fire. So I practically crawled down the hallway to another classroom for help so I know the feeling. My teacher recommended I went to the hospital so they took me there and when they did my X-rays they told me that this is what I had. I'd hate to be the bringer of bad news but there is no cure. Literally the only thing you can do is try to find yourself some better shoes I recommend New Balance those haven't gotten rid of the pain completely but it's helped some. And also I know it sounds weird but it's very normal for there to be intense pain when you first get up out of bed and start walking and so you really have to try to walk it off that's what I do and usually within a few minutes of walking the pain usually subsides at least enough to where it's bearable and I can perform everyday tasks. It has unfortunately made it very difficult for me to hold a job but doctors told me there's not really a lot that can be done besides better shoes and foot exercises and they say it eventually goes away on its own.