Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

did romans kill Jesus ?

or jews?

I think was killed by both, I am not an antisemite, I am not against Israel, but I think that both killed Jesus

@God of Thuner: but Caiphas and Anna wanted the death of Jesus

Where the Gospels speak about "the Jews" they mean the Temple Authorities.  That was the High Priest and the Sanhedrin who were members of the Pharisee sect and collaborators with the Roman occupiers.  The Roman governor found no case against Jesus.  However, major disorder would have cost him his job so he let the Temple Authorities kill Jesus.  Roman soldiers were around to keep order, but the individuals who physically crucified Jesus were Jewish soldiers of the Temple guard.

The present State of Israel is mostly composed of Ashkenazi Jews whose ancestors converted to Judaism in the 11th century.   They are not Semites.  The Bedouin, who have lived in Palestine for at least 4,000 years, are Semites.  Opposing the atrocities committed by the State of Israel is not antisemitism.  Persecuting the Bedouin is.

• ?

Romans and EVEN JESUS PRAYED ON THE CROSS for the Father to forgive them for they know not what they do!

Romans killed Jesus.  The idea that Pilate, known as a cruel ruler who hated Jews, passively took orders from his subjects is ludicrous.

• ?

The religious Jews of the time instigated the death of Jesus by Roman crucifixion. But Jesus gave his life like prophecy says. He was supposed to suffer and die, then rise again. Just like we will die, and rise again. God promised.

• Oleg

Yes, killed by Romans at the instigation of Jewish leaders.