Katelyn asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

I just brought a cat home from the shelter, he’s 3. He started to rub up on me but he is hissing at the same time, what does this mean? ?

He has a weird way of claiming his territory. 

Do you have any other pets? He might not like their odor. If you don't have any other pets maybe he doesn't like the smell of your laundry soap  you use to wash your clothes. Or maybe he's just being a weird ***. Cats are weird and do weird things. As long as he's not showing any other aggressive behavior outside of the hissing (and I mean when he's rubbing against you, not when you reach for him and he hisses at you.) then I wouldn't worry. He could just be a weird *** vocal cat.

Try to learn his personality and behavior patterns, this will help in figuring out if his hissing is a weird normal thing he does while rubbing against you or if he only does it at certain times or for certain reasons.