What should I tell insurance company?

Was in motor vehicle accident 3 years go and got treatment and settled. Woke up like two months ago arm was hurting and I went to doctor. Doctor thought motor vehicle accident 3 years ago caused arm pain and sent me got mri. I have since cancelled my health insurance. I do not know if insurance company has processed my cancellation yet. Received letter in mail today from insurance company asking me was my treatment the results of a car accident cuz they are trying to assess is someone else is suppose to pay for my care. Should I say I was in car accident three years ago or should I not reply at all. Don’t wanna seem like I’m trying to commit insurance fraud. Please advise

Can't commit insurance fraud by telling truth, only commit fraud by lying.

Doctor did not send you get mri because doctor thinks accident, doctor ordered mri for figure out why arm hurts.  Mri can only help tell doctor what wrong, not how old.  

This is absolute nonsense. Your doctor is an idiot or you are a troll. Your doctor is not qualified to say without a doubt that an accident from three years ago caused your arm to hurt yesterday.

• ?

You should tell the health insurance company the truth.  They only will/may consider payment if the insurance was in effect at the time of the accident even though you have since cancelled the policy.   The auto insurance is "prime" and the health insurance company is secondary and will only 'consider' payment if the auto insurance will not pay.  However....The auto insurance won't pay If you "settled" 3 years ago  because they would have had you sign a statement that says you will/cannot 'EVER' collect another cent from them. 

Always tell a insurance company the truth and the whole truth....If you don't, you could be charged with insurance fraud.

The day you settled was the day you settled FOREVER for anything and everything that results/resulted from the accident.

"May" is 100% incorrect in many ways, and her advice is dangerous and foolish.

If you settled then you signed a release.   You can not go back now and say you want more money or coverage.    You also can not file a health claim on insurance that has been cancelled.