Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 months ago

What is a seasoning that is cut up dried vegetables?

Like the dried up leaves that come with ramen soup mixes, in the pouch you cut and put in. What is this called but can buy as a small pouch and use in a lot of pasta salads? Pretty big chunks though like a third to quarter of inch pieces cut up.

2 Answers

  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    IT could be furikake, but that is a Japanese seasoning made from dried fish, seaweed and some sesame seeds. And generally it is used on rice. 

    It could also just be assorted vegetables that are dried and chopped. Both usually have MSG in them so be careful. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    That's furikake.  You can make it yourself (here's one recipe - ) or buy various flavors at Asian groceries or online.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.