Should I update to the iPhone 12 mini or the Galaxy Z Flip?

My upgrade is coming soon, and I don't know what to upgrade. I really like the fact that the Galaxy flip brings back that flip-phone aesthetic. But the product is really fragile and I drop my phone all the time. I assume the iPhones would be much more durable,

especially

because you can put a protective case on them. But Apple

isn't really introducing any "groundbreaking" or interesting upgrades with the iPhone 12. 

I have time to think about it, but what do you think I should get?

First off, avoid Apple like the plague. They sell overpriced garbage with few upgrades between models and then charge you a thousand dollars for it. I just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy A71. It has 5G capabilities with 128 gigabytes of storage. For $200. (Black Friday discount.) And I guarantee you it works just as well as a $1200 iPhone.

Does your phone work? If the answer is yes, then don't get a new phone. It's completely unnecessary. Unless it's broken, or laggy as hell, keep the one you've got. It's not worth it to buy a new one.

Get the one you want. Popular flip phones in the past have had protective cases. So if the phone you are looking at is popular enough, one or more of major case makers will make a case/shell for it. Or at least a lanyard cover to keep the phone from getting dropped (as long as you wear the lanyard around your neck, wrist or waist band.