Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Key fob on 2017 hatchback civic not working?

My fob gradually started to stop working on my car. At first, the lock/unlock buttons stopped working;no other issues. Now I have to hold the fob up to my push start and as I drive it says “no fob detected”. It did not say that in the beginning when the lock/unlock buttons on it first stopped working. It’s not the battery of the fob b/c we replaced it a couple months ago and got no low battery warning like my car typically gives. Any help on how to fix at home?

regardless that you replaced the battery it needs changing again ..i have had similar ..so have a lot of others 

• Ron

I've read on other forums that disconnecting both battery cables for ten minutes, pushing the start button after that ten minutes with the cables disconnected, then reconnecting everything did the trick. Be aware you may have to reprogram your radio. Apparently, this is a known issue with Honda but no fix at this time