Are you still in love? ?

How do you keep the love alive? 

• KTJoe

I hear eating oysters, and a big hunk of dark chocolate will keep things nice and hot also remember birthdays/Christmas. One more relationships will rise and fall just roll with it, its called life. 

• ?

How could I kill it.  We rely on each other for countless things every day.  She spoils me rotten and I do the same for her.  The only argument I can remember is when she wants to spend the day for me and I would sooner spend the day pleasing her.  So we have to compromise.

If you make the effort to please your mate... it comes back to you.

Source(s): married 35 years, then she died.

Yes, and I still LIKE him.  How, why?  Just lucky.

Haven’t been fortunate enough to ever be in “love” zxjqkm

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Jerry

Just when I think I couldn't possibly love him more, he does something thoughtful or generous or supportive and I find myself loving him a little more. 

We accept that the relationship grows and changes, that the excitement and thrills of the early years naturally evolves into the day to day sameness of being in a contented rut. It's about mutual support and intimacy, not about avoiding boredom.

We know that if we're going to have much to talk about then we have to make that happen; it's not going to happen all by itself. We subscribe to National Geographic, read it, talk about it. We explore and try new recipes together. We take a long walk each day that weather permits. We play cards and board games.

We know that in married life, just as in single life, there's a good amount of dull time, a lot of just letting the hours pass until bed time. We expect to each keep ourselves occupied and contented just like when single. Your spouse isn't responsible for your feelings of boredom, restlessness or discontent. 

A lot of married life is two people doing something on their own but under the same roof, of pursuing some personal interests that the spouse isn't interested in. Doing everything together is way too much togetherness. He has his hobby club and I have my book club. 

We understand that while we don't have to agree on everything, we do have to agree on how to handle our disagreements. Almost always one of us will prevent "the fight" by saying "We're starting to get upset. Let's calm down and come back to this later. Let's not fight."

We know that a good marriage means being willing to sacrifice for your spouse while reluctant to allow your spouse to sacrifice for you. 

1. Be interesting (Do great things).

2. Be interested (encourage your partner to do great things).