Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Since God has effectively been debunked, why do people still believe in Him?

Because some people need it in order to function, to have a purpose and to feel that there is a grand meaning to life. It "makes sense" to them and it's what they want to be true. If it's what helps them sleep at night and keeps them going, so be it. I see no problem, unless they use it to bully people.

lol at these answers!!..................

Because it takes a while to fix stupid........ IF, it can be fixed at all.

Your research excluded those that would never even consider that God has been debunked. They know for sure that He's real from their personal experience. 

Your sin has not been debunked and all need salvation from sin.

How then are you to be saved from your sin?

When did this happen, moron?  Who did it?  Can you tell us how?  Since you hide behind the cowardly label "Anonym-***", why should anyone believe in you?

• The only thing debunked are your words.

I know God is real, because I can feel God's Noodly Appendages Touching my Heart!  RAmen!

• Rjgmh

God has not been debunked. In order to know for sure God does not exist you must know everything. If you do not God could be hiding there. Stating that God exist or that God does not exist is having faith in that.

• Paul

I can understand your desperation to legitimize your ignorance of God, but the fact that hundreds of millions of people know Him and live in daily relationship and communication with Him clearly demonstrates that you, not God, have been debunked.