Why am I suffering from panic attacks when I’m not anxious?

Desperately looking for some answers of anyone who might be in the same situation. Been experiencing dizzy spells,coming over all pale  rapid heart rate (150-170), sweating horrendously, shakes sometimes unable to stand because my body just goes weak. Went to the doctors they sent me to the hospital due to my heart rate being so high for so long. I had bloods and lots of testing and apart from them not being able to get my heart rate down for a long time they couldn’t see any more issues. They put it down to stress/anxiety/panic attacks/possible dehydration I went home after two days....

It’s been a few weeks and I’m still having the same issues. Nothing in particular brings it on I could be asleep or at work or just at home..... 

I’m happy, I’m healthy other wise, I’m not anxious. I have problems in life like we all do but I’m a generally very positive person. 

They gave me beta blockers for when my heart doesn’t calm down and they have also but me on sertraline. The beta blockers chose when they do and done want to work. 

Just feel very frustrated that there’s not allot to work with. 

• Andy C

I don't share your situation but know something about it.

Try eating foods high in tryptophan. 

Try exercising daily. 

Try eating only whole foods instead of junk/fake foods. 

Your options are putting up with the current management approach or pursing more tests with a cardiologist.   Contact the doctor that is overseeing your treatment and ask if here are additional tests that might be done to diagnose your problem.  You may need an electrophysiology study (EPS) to see whats going on with the electrical impulses or maybe some other type of heart study.  Problem is that right now, many hospitals are filled with covid-19 patients and it could be months before you might get an appointment. 

Check your thyroid.  Did they do an EKG? What kind of beta blockers did they give you. Propranolol works well for this. You also mentioned dehydration.  Drink plenty of water.