Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Can a single person live comfortably off of $34,000 a year? ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on where you live, and on what you mean by 'comfortably'.  You'll be pretty broke.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely. Careful spending, avoidance of debt and a savings account can allow you to live on that salary almost--ALMOST--anywhere. There might be one or two places it would be hard, but it's not impossible or un-doable. 

• 2 months ago

In some places, yes

In some places, no

• 2 months ago

possibly     .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably IF you are in good health, have good teeth and don't have elderly pets who will cost you an arm and a leg.  Also no credit card debt or outstanding loans.  Pay cash as you go.

Not so sure about the "comfortably" part - we all define that differently.  To me it means no debt with enough money in the bank to cover emergencies and I would be able to go on a week's vacation somewhere nice.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I can. Single. House & car paid for. I probably live on under $18k.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on your lifestyle and the cost of living where you are.  Start by checking out apartment rentals.

• 2 months ago

we have no idea what it cost to live where you live?

we have no idea if you are willing to live with roommates, forgo entertainment, etc?

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I know I could!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.