Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Can a single person live comfortably off of $34,000 a year? ?

• Judy

Depends on where you live, and on what you mean by 'comfortably'.  You'll be pretty broke.

Absolutely. Careful spending, avoidance of debt and a savings account can allow you to live on that salary almost--ALMOST--anywhere. There might be one or two places it would be hard, but it's not impossible or un-doable. 

In some places, yes

In some places, no

possibly     .

• Judith

Probably IF you are in good health, have good teeth and don't have elderly pets who will cost you an arm and a leg.  Also no credit card debt or outstanding loans.  Pay cash as you go.

Not so sure about the "comfortably" part - we all define that differently.  To me it means no debt with enough money in the bank to cover emergencies and I would be able to go on a week's vacation somewhere nice.

I can. Single. House & car paid for. I probably live on under $18k.

• fcas80

Depends on your lifestyle and the cost of living where you are.  Start by checking out apartment rentals.

we have no idea what it cost to live where you live?

we have no idea if you are willing to live with roommates, forgo entertainment, etc?

• ?

I know I could!