What is biting my while I sleep?

For the past couple of weeks I have been waking up with a single large red itchy bump on miscellaneous places of my body. I have never had more than 1 or 2 at a time and I only get new ones every few days. I stripped my bed and washed everything multiple times a week. There were no bugs or anything in sight. I live in a very clean apartment and do not eat in my bed, but I sleep with my dog. I live in the mountains and its super cold and dry (not very many mosquitos here). This is a current event and I am sick of it. I went out of town and brought 1 of my blankets and nothing else and slept in a different bed (that was also very clean) and I got another bump on my face again so whatever it is is following me or my blanket that I have washed several times and cannot see anything on.

I do no think it is bed bugs because I have checked for them and it is only 1 or 2 large bumps as opposed to numerous small bumps that bed bugs leave. The bumps look like mosquito bites accept I think they are not. I checked for lice and fleas on me and the dog, but nothing came up. I can't think of anything else that could be causing this what do I do to make it stop?

Dog fleas bite people. Check your dog. 

Your probably going to have to get some insecticide spray as well as treat the dog, the spray to use in your room and anywhere the dog frequents to kill them all.

Bed bugs are also a possibility, but hard to spot.

Next time you take everything off the bed, you need to look under the seams of the mattress and in between gaps. If you find dark blood spots on your mattress it's most likely bed bugs. If you find black specks in the seams it's bedbugs. Lookup how small they are so you have some idea of what your actually looking for. 

Also, a really good way to find out if it's dog/animal fleas. Lookup 'Candle Flea Trap', Super easy to make, keep your dog out of the room so it doesn't come into contact with it.

Place a Tea Light in a shallow dish or tray, filled with a little water and dishsoap. Flea's will detect the heat and jump for the candle and fall in the water, with the dish soap they will not float and just drown. This will give you a really good idea of how many fleas there are and if it is them. Place the trap in your bedroom on the floor.