Why did Trump b|tch about pharmaceuticals holding off on announcements?

Let’s assume that the pharmaceuticals did, indeed, hold off on announcing the progress of their Covid vaccine trials in order to prevent Trump from taking credit for it.

Wouldn’t this be Trump’s fault?

If he weren’t such an a_hole they wouldn’t have held off on their announcements.

Btw, Trump gave corporations a 14% tax cut from which the pharmaceuticals benefited.

@ lib

If what you said about Trump were true I would commend him for it. What I heard however was that Trump was pushing legislation that would have excluded pharma from liability for the emrgency roll-out product (vaccine) and that dems were opposing this.

Zero pharmaceutical companies held off.   These are publicly held companies with a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.   Their goal is to make money.   First one (and two and three) to the finish line wins.  

unrelated to personal finance. goddamn idiot.

THey held off on announcments because Trump was passing rules that Drug makers couldn't charge Americans many times more for the same meds sold in other industrialized countries. I guess you are OK with Americans paying three times as much as Canadians and your OK with not being treated fairly.