Why does it rain in the daytime but never at night?

It can rain all day but once the sun goes down and it gets dark it stops. Why is that exactly?

I have a theory it has something to do with the sun heating the atmosphere and the clouds and the molecules and stuff, the moon doesn't do that the same?

Is that the reason?

You guys obviously live in the north hemisphere if it rains at night where you live, in the south it only rains during the day, maybe its because the tides flow the opposite way in north vs south? and the wind and clouds blows the opposite way as well.

• ?

That definitely is NOT true where I live. I am in a severe thunderstorm warning area right.nowvand I can hear the thunder from a line of  storms moving in from the west. The rain is just starting on my west facing windows. The Sun set an hour and 20 minutes ago.  There was an unprecedented snow?and ice storm on October 25 and 26 that was both day and night. Tornadoes skip across interstates well after sunset because of the heat radiating from the asphalt. That's?what you get when you live 10 miles?south of Moore Oklahoma for almost 40 years. 

• ?

I’ve noticed that. It’s also never sunny at night . Why?

• Zardoz

Because the rain can't see where it's going.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ

There isn't a reason because that's not true.

I've experienced rain at night many times. 

😄 Where do YOU live? Because that doesnt happen in Southern California. 

At most, we get 2 days and nights of straight rain and then its clear the rest of the year.