Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

GF gets mad for small mistakes?

Since I moved together we had to adapt living with another person, but I feel I I'm the only one doing it.

My house feels like a contant minefield where I can't just live in it, but have to be very careful of what I do and don't do.

I'm a little more relaxed about cleaning and kepping things tidy, but changed immensely, but she didn't change the fact that every cup put on the wrong place is reason to be upset the rest of the day and treat me like 3 year old.

Every time a argument comes, she says she gets mad because she does everything in the house. Not true at all, the assignments that we have to do around the house are split. There is no assignment she does alone or does all the time besides cooking because I don't know how to cook, and click the button on the washing machine. The rest is 50/50 split between us.

I don't know what else can I do but I'm getting fed up in living in constant fear of if what I did will make her mad.

Yes I do wash the dishes but sometimes she actually wants to wash them, I constatly tell her that I will do it and she insist in doing it. There was also a long period of time that she was home all day without a job and demanded for me to wash the dishes after work. But I'm not complaining about that, the fact is that I changed a lot and she has not changed a bit.

We had multiple compromisses and she always comes back to complaining that the napkins are not in the napikin place. 

• KTJoe

Living arrangement just let know what kind of person GF is. Best to live separate, instead of trying to make a bad situation work. 

• i + i

Cool story. Did you want our opinions, 

or did you have an actual question?

• ?

There's more to laundry than "clicking a button" she does all your laundry and all the cooking there is no way then that you are doing "half" of everything

From your description, your partner is extremely rigid and has more expectations than you are comfortable or able to fulfill. Its a question of whether she can or is willing to try and modify her standards and wants. If not, I , were I you,I would not continue to live with her, or to remain in the relationship, since it would impede you from finding someone else.

You are only splitting 50/50 in your mind. Typically, a woman does more of the household chores.

Just as a point of clarification, doing a wash is not just pushing a button. There is drying, folding and putting away.

Do you do the dishes after she cooks? Always having to make meals would be tedious. If you can read, you can follow a recipe. Why not make one or two meals a week?

A couple rarely has the same standards when it comes to house maintenance. You need to sit down together and discuss in terms of 'time spent' doing certain chores.

If you are both working, the time factor becomes important. If one of you isn't working, then most of the chores become the job.

Being in a relationship means making compromises. If you can't agree to disagree on the division of labour, it will not get any easier. If you love each other you will work it out, otherwise it will remain a thorn in your relationship.

• T J

Why are you still living in that environment? Get away from that mental case.

• kristy

No one like a manipulator. Dump her.