Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Do I have a UTI or STI? Help?

I’ve been noticing a discomfort burning sensation at the tip of my penis shaft. I was sexually active but we used protection during intercourse but not during outercourse. I’ve been keeping the area clean but the burning sensation isn’t going away. It doesn’t really hurt or burn when I urinate, it just burns alone/untouched. I also noticed a red line going down the head of my penis but I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it or maybe it’s just my underwear print. I have the prescription Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium Tablets. Will this work for whichever issue I may be dealing with? I’m really hoping I don’t have an STI. 

definitely get yourself tested- might just be a yeast infection, but still, anytime something is going on down there after you have sex, it's probably a good thing to do to just get to the doctor again. sorry you're not feeling great and you're having these issues. I'd recommend getting a penis health creme like Man1 Man Oil to prevent anything like this. 

• ?

get professional help eg your GP

• Jesus

It is necessary to have caution when having sex with people that we don't know well, for your health it is better than he goes to the doctor. Don't take medicines that it has not prescribed them to him a specialist, it can be dangerous for you.           

• donnie

Yea you could see a doctor 

Yes it is possible to catch STDs from other sexual activities beside intercourse as throats can be infected with STDs from performing oral sex and passed on to the next guy they blow.

Get to the doctor and have it checked out as the earlier you start treatment if it an infection the sooner you will be cured.

If you can't handle the consequences of sex then you should not be doing it.

• ron h

A "red line" on your dik?  I'd need to see that to guess what it is but I NEVER send or get dik pix.  NEVER.    So, if your dad is in your life have him take a look--call him into the bathroom while you're drying off after a shower.  Drink a lot of extra water and if you've got cranberries or cranberry juice available, eat or drink some of that for the next couple of days.   (What is "outercourse?")  If you didn't get the head of your dik wet, an STI is just about impossible.  Why do you have prescription Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium Tablets on hand?  As you already know, that is used for UTI's (you googled it already).  If it was me, I'd drink more water and wait till after the weekend.  ONLY if the pills are yours AND you've got at least a 10 day supply, you could think about taking at least 10 days of them.  Better yet, phone your doc who may prescribe something without making you go to see him.  Cut men under about 70 rarely get UTIs.  They're more likely in uncut men, particularly those who don't keep their dix clean. 

you need a urine analysis and culture done

to find the right antibiotic

Only a doctor can diagnose an infection like that. You'll have to get a urinalysis done to know.

• Marc

You need a culture or at least a UA to get a look at whats going on in there.  All bacteria are not the same and they dont all respond to all antibiotics the same.  Best bet...go to a Dr before its too late

I have chronic UTIs due to partial paralysis. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like a UTI. If it were, you'd have urgency, hesitancy, cloudy urine, possible burning/discomfort during urination, kidney and/or stomach pain (like you were hit in the testicles)...

I'd hit the urgent care before you start self-medicating, otherwise you could just be building up a resistant infection.