Does it sound natual to English natives?

Hi,

Is it right to say "Nevertheless, these arguments fail to dissuade me, because...(explanation why)", meaning that the arguments someone comes up with do not change my mind? Does it sound ok in an essay (neutral/formal style), this starting the paragraph, restating my position? Thank you)

Grammatically this is correct and the tone is very formal, which I think is what you are trying to acheive, by the use of the word 'dissuade'. 

If you wanted the tone a bit more casual you could say:

Nevertheless, these arguements fail to change my mind, because...The only thing I would change is taking out 'nevertheless' as it makes you sound arguementative. An essay is not meant to sound like you are arguing with someone, it is meant for you to state facts about your position on a particular subject. The sentence would still be perfectly fine without it.  

This is excellent academic English for an essay or a debate. If you are in a discussion with native speakers, this would sound much too formal and hoity-toity. But it's great in an essay!